Time continues to roll on, we are finally in the end part of 2020! I don't think much will change with the turning of the calendar in the months ahead, life as we know it is just getting more challenging! We are fairly into routine here, though some of the school stuff keeps changing. Caleb is adjusting nicely, we have good days and some rough days. He didn't believe that I was/am a teacher, so he often likes to argue with my ideas and suggestions. I am seeing a lot of improvement in his reading and writing, while math is really his strong area. Emily's schedule changed mid-October so that her peers could return to in-person classes. She is more tired after adding a few hours to her school day. We have had to check in with a few doctors this month, which I do not love, but we would normally have seen them during the summer. She is still anemic, though it is somewhat improved from earlier this year. Emily has been going to youth group, but the recent increase in COVID cases has her at home again for a while. Luke is working his way thru driving hours, though it seems even slower than it was with the girls. Between every one working and car issues he only has a few sessions in so far. Luke is still totally virtual as well. Heidi and Anna were supposed to return to in-person classes a few days a week mid-October, but they only went one day and then the rise in cases has us making the decision to keep them home for now. They actually don't mind, it's much more comfortable to sit in your sweats while doing class! We visited one college at the beginning of the month and will hopefully visit another in a few weeks. They have both been accepted to their two first choice colleges, which is exciting! It will all come down to finances, so we will see what the coming months hold for them. Work is steady for Justin and I, we are staying healthy and staying home as much as possible. I am actually kinda looking forward to decorating for the holidays! But first we have a home Halloween, because, COVID!
Here are some pictures from the last 6 weeks or so!

No comments:
Post a Comment