Monday, October 22, 2018
Fall rush
It is a beautiful fall day, I would love it to stay this temp all the time, chilly enough for sweatshirts but warm enough to not be cold outside! We have just had a really busy start to our fall, things should quiet down some next week, hopefully. I chaperoned Heidi and 37 other high school photographers on Friday, most of the pictures I shared are from Heidi, the last two city ones are mine (and of course the kid in the can, those are mine too). It was a rare treat to spend time with just one of our kiddos, especially one of the older 3! Thankfully our weekend was quiet, Justin and I even got to go out to dinner and hit up the "haunted" flea market (lots of really, really strange shoppers). So, a quick summary of the last few weeks: Emily had the last 3 baby teeth pulled last Wednesday, she did really well, it was the best of all her extractions. And thankfully we should be done with those for quite some time, many of her adult teeth haven't come in yet. She is doing PT once a month (plus every week she has a short session of stretching at school). OT will likely be every other week, right now we are just working on getting and using the hand splints at night and seeing how to help keep her hands from stiffening anymore and adapting a few things for her. Her sty still hasn't healed, we check in with that doctor this Thursday, but I suspect he will have to do a direct shot of steroids. Let's just hope it doesn't come to having it lanced! And I called this morning for an appointment with the surgeon. There is no healing going on, grrr. The surgeon who did her surgery last year is no longer with our hospital, but this should be a somewhat routine case for any surgeon, though nothing is routine with Emily. We see her in November and it should be interesting to see what her idea is. Emily has already had the g-tube placed 3 times, so she is running out of room on her belly. I am definitely pretty frustrated with this whole thing, though thankfully Emily is not in pain and there is minimal leaking. Finally, she failed her hearing test, so we will check that out in two weeks. Likely she is full of wax (her ear canals twist and turn quite a bit, but I wouldn't be shocked if we had to do something more down the road). Emily is in good spirits though, she loves school and is having a great time with her friends.
Heidi and Anna have been babysitting the neighbors often these last two weeks and watching the last of the home football games. They are also enjoying pinterest club and art club. Things are going smoothly for Luke and Caleb, they are a bit rambunctious with this cooler weather. And next week is Halloween! I think I only need to finish up costumes for Emily and Caleb, the older 3 keep going back and forth as to whether they are trick-or-treating or not. Work is a little stressful for Justin, he starts being "on call" in a few weeks, hopefully he doesn't get called in the middle of the night (a silly hope, but one can hope anyway). And bows are being made, the one week I made 202, which was way too much! Well, Heidi and Anna just walked in, we will walk to pick up Caleb since it's so nice out. Happy fall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment