Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A little street hockey in February






many years to come of these two playing hockey together


not even 24 hours after the flu

best buddies


he doesn't want to look right at the camera (eye roll)

this angel was buried in the bushes in front of the house
Yesterday was a balmy 52 degrees so Justin and some of the kids pulled out the hockey nets, all covered in burrs, and played a little street hockey.  And I will tell you, I teared up some.  I am just so grateful for God's provision in this house.  No doubt it has issues, and I am sure we will sink lots of money into it over the years, but just seeing how waiting for God to bring us here has been so fruitful.  Yesterday as an example: we live on the corner lot, and one street is a dead end, with only 8 houses or so.  Being able to play on the street is awesome, especially for Justin and Luke (and eventually Caleb), they get to have fun and I don't have to worry about them breaking anything (on the house or car at least).  It's a small thing, but again just so grateful!

So we have had a busy few weeks here, I will sum it up quickly.  A week and a half ago Caleb got sick during the night, twice, but he perked up so fast the next morning I didn't think a whole lot of it.  I didn't take the usual precautions and by Saturday night I was sick.  I don't think I have had the stomach flu in at least 8 years, probably more like 9 (a friend asked how that was possible, and I just believe the God has spared us some of those illnesses, because of how it would affect Emily).  Again, thanks to God, we have 3 full bathrooms, so keeping my germs separate wasn't nearly as hard (except when it came to doing Emily's medicine and tube).  Thankfully I was feeling much better in time to go to an award ceremony for the piece of "literature" Emily wrote.  I will try and post it another time, it's on a computer we don't currently use, but again, crying in my seat because they read part of the piece aloud while she was on stage.  I will explain more another time, but hopefully she was encouraged by the award.  So Anna tried out for the second "level" of orchestra at the high school and got in, so that was exciting (most of the students take extra lessons outside of school, Anna doesn't, so I was pretty happy she made it).  So yea, we already had a high school open house and the girls' schedules are in place for their freshman year!  Most of their orientations don't happen for a while yet, but we are definitely in the "preparations for high school" stage.  Again, in tears, over and over, just thinking of these little 5lb babies heading off to high school!  Well, then this last weekend both Justin and Luke got sick, so we re-lysoled everything.  We really are trying to keep Emily healthy, as the violent vomiting could dislodge her tube.  We did have to go have a doctor adjust the tube as it was too tight and causing a lot of pain (I should be able to do it, but I couldn't get it to budge, it took two other ladies to get the disk that holds the tube in place on her belly to move).  Caleb and I both now have lovely colds, but prayerfully the flu bug has been stopped.  Emily has Valentines to make and a pinewood derby car to build this weekend.  Heidi has a concert at the high school tonight and Anna has a dance class.  I am loving my new Bible study and will start the "old" study on Tuesday.  And that folks, is about it for right now.  A few kids should be arriving home any minute!    

No comments:

Post a Comment