Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Where have we been?



Emily loved getting all the sunflower seeds out to feed the birds

Luke skateboarding down the hill, at one point he tried one skateboard per foot and did pretty well (he's ready to learn to ski)

Justin's seat at the plantation we had a  yummy lunch at



bad placement on my part, but nice smiles at least

October is already nearing the end and I am not even sure what we have been so busy with.  The above pictures are from our weekend in Kentucky to celebrate Justin's parent's 40th wedding anniversary.  We had a really fun trip, with nice weather, good food and fun times spent with family.  Otherwise things really have been pretty quiet, just busy. 

The girls are doing well practicing their instruments.  We had parent-teacher conferences this past Monday and all is well.  We were told that each one of the kids are hard-workers, kind and considerate of classmates, and quiet.  Actually, Emily is the least quiet, happily raising her hands for most questions.  Heidi is by far the quietest, her teacher said that she is going to move Heidi to the front of the class so that she makes sure to call on Heidi more often.  Luke is coming out of his shell pretty well.  He is still very anxious about homework and math at home, but gaining confidence in his reading skills.  He even told Justin that besides gym, reading is his favorite subject.  Luke loves to read non-fiction so we have a hard time keeping up on having "good" books around the house.  Anna's conference was the shortest, her teacher thinks very highly of her and says she is doing well (she has a male teacher, so the details seem to be a little lacking :) ).  We are on a trimester schedule now, so report cards aren't due until just before Thanksgiving. 

Emily had a kidney doctor appointment in the city after our trip, and unfortunately she and I will have to make two more trips down in the next month.  And x-ray of Emily's back (she was complaining of pain) showed a possible kidney stone so we have to go for a CT next week.  And later in November we will spend a day doing a test similar to the glucose test at NIH, but this one will specifically test for kidney function (somehow it gives a better idea on future health).  We are still waiting on insurance to ok Anna's birthmark removal treatment.  I had to send them pictures and measurements, but that was two weeks ago now.  I was really hoping to have the three treatments done by Christmas.

The six of us crammed into my doctor's office last week to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time.  All sounds good and the kids enjoyed the experience.  We should have an ultrasound right around Thanksgiving and otherwise it will just be every 4 weeks for my appointments.  I am now feeling much better, though I am still pretty tired.  We are already in our 7th week of Bible study, wrapping up just before Thanksgiving.  It has been a challenging book, but a good one for growth.  I had the privilege of speaking in front of our large group of about 60 women last Wednesday.  I was really nervous, but received good feedback.  Many of the women shared their appreciation for my openness.  I have really been stretched, first by being a small group leader and then by speaking in front of a crowd. 

Justin's work continues, rumors change by the day.  He is working some overtime to finish up on time, but then there is some down time before the next set of elevators starts up.   

Well, I have several pieces of Halloween costumes to finish up on and kids to gather from school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment