Friday, May 3, 2013

Keeping busy

March and April have seemed to be particularly busy months, filled with appointments, practices, and other odd and end events.  Let me see if I can remember all the good stuff.

Lacrosse is going well for Luke, he has another game this weekend.  He and Justin are still adjusting to the three practices a week.  We finally finished at the dentist with Luke, just barely missing a few root canals.  And he finished three books this year at Awanas, so he will get a special plaque this Sunday at their closing ceremony.

Heidi and Anna have enjoyed a number of birthday parties, some together and some apart.  They are off to their first real sleepover at a friends' tonight.  They have had two sleepovers with girl scouts, but somehow this is different.  I can't believe they are nearing 10 years old!  The big thing at school right now is the Rainbow Loom, a type of bracelet made with rubber bands, and the girls are cranking those babies out everyday.

Emily had 14 chicks born in her classroom this week.  Monday was a dentist appointment.  This time we stayed in our area, seeing the same dentist I saw growing up.  We will have a series of 4 appointment to work on getting her teeth cleaner.  She was able to do x-rays and we saw that she has a full set of adult teeth in that little jaw of hers.  Hopefully her jaw will grow as the next teeth are very crooked and crowded (which we had guessed anyway).  We had another conference at school today, which went great.  Emily's teacher just compliments her so, saying that Emily is just a bright spot in the class.  She also commented on how optimistic Emily is, which is good to hear.  Emily has been expressing how she "doesn't like her life" lately.  She doesn't like people staring at her, and she doesn't like having conditions that they don't know how to cure.  I am glad she can tell us exactly how she feels and yet we are presented with quite a challenge in our response.  Her preschool program is coming up and she has been memorizing the 23rd Psalm; it brings tears to my eyes every time.  I will post a video when she has it fully memorized.

Justin's work is iffy at this point.  Yesterday the company told two of his fellow workers to stay home for a while.  Unfortunately, the company is not very direct about how much work is coming up and what the plan is.

April brought my grandparent's 65th wedding anniversary!  According to wiki encyclopedia, only 1.2% of marriages will make it to the 65th year!  April also brought the anniversary of my mom's passing, it has now been 21 years.  I am surprised that even after so much time how often we speak of her and how often different memories pop into my head.  I am always saddened by how much she is missing out on.  She would be thrilled to attend the kids' Awanas ceremony as she was very involved in her high school years.

I am sure there are other details I have forgotten, but for now that is enough.  For whatever reason my computer doesn't want to download a few pictures, so next time on that.  We were teased with a little taste of summer weather, and are looking forward to it returning.  We are also looking forward to a visit from Justin's sister and brother-in-law and parents around Mother's Day, and our anniversary.  I think May might go just as fast as March and April!    

No comments:

Post a Comment